Thursday, April 30, 2009

a new creation

In my now mid-twenties, I have finally taken up cooking (for real this time-As in, branching out from french toast, spaghetti...etc.) I've been easing myself in for the past year. However, as of late, I've been cooking more regularly and being more creative. If I do say so myself, I am getting good at it, and I really like it. I feel like I have a good knowledge of what flavors taste good together, and I can whip things together with less anxiety and more confidence...
Here's a recipe that I spontaneously created today for lunch...
It was super delicious, but don't get too excited, it was also probably super fattening. Who cares.

Let's call it a Chipotle Ranch Chicken Wrap

Here's how to do it.
Cover your skillet in olive oil. Get it nice n hot around 7 on the dial.
Fry up some cubed potatoes till crispy
Add a breast of cubed chicken and turn the heat down to 5 or medium-ish.
When the chicken is pretty much cooked through add cut up mushrooms
When the mushrooms are looking good, add a big handful of Arugula
When the Arugula is wilted it's ready to put in your wrap.

Note: As you're cooking, don't worry about the potatoes, the crispier they are the better, watch your chicken though so it doesn't get too dry. You'll wanna add your vegetable ingredients right at the end as your chicken is nearly ready b/c the veggies don't take long to cook.

Dump contents onto a lime and habanero flavored tortilla that has ranch and chipotle sauce smeared all over it... Roll it up and heartily consume. Delish.


Taa DAh!!!



Next time, when I'm making this for Clint, I'll probably add cheese and siracha sauce (since he can't eat practically anything without cheese and I can't eat practically anything without siracha).... I've decided that this is part of the fun of cooking; making something good and figuring out how to tweak it for next time to make it better or different... You could even forgo the wrap and just make it a salad with the ranch/chipotle sauce as a dressing.


If you haven't introduced your palate to this miracle condiment, now is the time.
It literally goes on anything savory.

3 comments:

Dixie & Markus said...

That looks soooooo yummy! I'm so proud!

Amanda said...

It looks delish!! When are you coming to Idaho next?? It's been a while and I miss you. =]

Jessica said...

Soon! The first week in June, I'll make sure to come visit!