Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Valentine

This year, Clint and I agreed to do nothing out of the ordinary this year for Valentine's Day.   I was supposed to be out of town for the weekend, plus he's supposedly not big on the holiday.  (Really? Cause I thought we had a smashing time at the ballet last year!?...oh yeah, that was just me.)

I ended up, last minute, flaking on my volunteer work, for reasons that are my own, which may or may not include my simple desire to lounge indefinitely with my cutey cute bf...

Amidst acknowledgment that we planned zero activities/gifts for the blessed holiday, my girlish nature got the best of me.  I had the following conversation in my head Saturday morning:

"Does Clint hate me and that's why he suggested we forgo the celebration of love?...

Or...
Could Clint's insistence that we do nothing actually be a ploy to get me to expect nothing, so when he actually DOES get me something I'll be surprised...even overjoyed?...

He knows I love surprises...

Could he...possibly....be planning to get me something super great and awesome....even...something that I've been wanting for months by now???...

...

Wait.  What if he really meant it though, and gets me nothing, like he said, and I'm getting my hopes up that he's going to surprise me, and I cry when he doesn't, and he's incredulous to why I'm disappointed, when we already established that we weren't going to do anything???

Why am I allowing myself to get worked up like this!?....

Tears...

What the freaking crap. I am crying?"

......

No.  It gets better....

So, Saturday, I began the day by confessing to Clint that I was having all these crazy thoughts, and he had to tell me right then if he planned to surprise me or not b/c I was going to cry from the stress of not knowing how to feel... (Let's just say Valentine's Day also happens to fall during a special time of the month for me)...

He was going to surprise me.

AWE. REALLY?

WEEEEEAK!!!!! Man, that boy has got to learn not to give in to evil PMS Jessica!  You cannot give in to her!  She is not real!  Because, at that moment, was I then happy to discover that Clint did, in fact, love me and want to celebrate it?  NOOOO. Oh no.  That was far from my mind.  I was furious at myself for ruining my surprise.

Loser!

OK so, somehow, we made it out of that moment and the rest of the weekend was filled with delicious food, beautiful flowers, movies, my fave chocolate fantasy truffles and these lil babies:

 

In case you're wondering, yes, this is the little surprise that I've been waiting for for months...yyyyyay!


3 comments:

julie said...

so I would have and have done the same thing and had all the exact thoughts. hahah..we women folk are awesome like that. But Yay for Wicked!!!!

Dixie & Markus said...

hahahaha! Seriously, Clint needs to learn a little bit more about PMS Jessica. But what an EXCELLENT ruined surprise he planned for you! Lucky girl!

Marianne & Eddie said...

Clint is the best... Foreal!! He's sure good to you. Love him. Haha the whole time I was reading this i was like man we Sure have such similar crazy thought processes!