Tuesday, February 2, 2010

snowed in

I've discovered that the trend with Richmond is most of the winter is bone dry, pretty cold, but sometimes warm (last week, it was 65 degrees one day.)  If we're lucky we get snowed on ONCE.  Everything will shut down for a day, then go back to normal.  The snow will be melted within the week.

In December, the day after I flew to Idaho, Richmond got massively dumped on.  As predicted, businesses, schools, airports were all shut down for like a day or 2.  By the time I got back, in two weeks, it was gone for good.

Last week, the news reports were making a big deal about another supposed snow storm that was due to hit us Friday night.  I was totally skeptical.  As I said, it was 65 degrees one day.  I was like, "everybody is freaking out over nothing.  I'm gonna bet it's won't even rain."

Wrongo.

It started snowing around 7pmish Friday night and didn't stop for like 24 hours! 13 inches.  It was rad.  I stayed indoors for 3 days straight, including Monday, which turned out to be a snow day for schools and many businesses.  Luckily, in spite of my skepticism, I prepared for the weekend by loading up on comfort foods and starting the crock pot.  It was an awesome weekend full of lounging, naps,reading, watching movies/tv and eating nonstop.  Oh yeah.

So, the highways are pretty clear, but all the side streets are a menace to drive on.  As a result, some of my dance classes are being cancelled.  Yahoo!
AAaaand we're supposed to be hit again this weekend.  Love it!

3 comments:

Marianne & Eddie said...

haha this post was way better than you made it out to be. I love the writing on the pics. Reminds me of a cute childrens book. I wish we were snowed in together kicking it. You would cook and I would think of a craft~

Dixie & Markus said...

Gotta love snow days!! We had about two weeks of that over here and the ENTIRE COUNTRY shut down. Not good for the economy! I got cabin fever big style! Should of had you around to keep me sane.

Lindsey said...

Wow I am impressed with the snow storm!! I am glad you get to experience Idaho/Utah weather there in VA!!!! Oh and I am also reading the Fablehaven series!! I have only read the first two books, but well on my way to getting the third!!