Monday, December 13, 2010

The Book Thief.

The last book that I read that had such a touching impact on me as this, The Book Thief, was the Kite Runner... which makes me think of Memoirs of a Geisha too.  (Note how all 3 of these involve war in the plot) I don't know why I am drawn in so tightly to books that depress me for hours after I finish the last page.  I'm so attracted to the melancholy! ... Not all the time, but they seem to stay with me far longer than books that make me laugh.  I love tragedy and suffering.  I guess it's b/c I love it when the human spirit prevails maintaining hope and love.  There is probably some psychological suggestion that a therapist can offer me as well...
Anywho. This book is brill.  I don't like to let myself cry b/c I have sensitive skin, you know...and it's not good for my complexion.  I couldn't help myself this time; tears flowed.  If you like this sort of thing too, give this book a read.

1 comment:

Marianne & Eddie said...

LOVED this book. PS was the post below about me?? I pocket-call people all day long. My last final is on Weds then I'll be calling for our much needed catch up! Love you. It's been far too long~