Saturday, February 21, 2009

Spain



I miss Spain.
You know how they say "youth is wasted on the young"... Spain was wasted on me 3 and 4 years ago. I didn't appreciate it enough. I want to go back and do it again, but better.
I want to eavesdrop on conversations held in my favorite Spanish accent.
I want to spend all day at the public pool.
I want to meet random travelers and have deep meaningful conversations about passion and life.
I want to see the little kids running around playing football at 10 o clock a night while their parents sit outside and talk.
I want to siesta.
I want to see teenagers making out in every single park b/c it's normal.
I want perfect strangers to kiss me on the cheek.
I want to dine on paella and croquetas and tapas and fruit.
I want to look at the Christian and Moorish art and architecture.
I want to smell the orange trees and the roses.
I want to read whatever I want to.
I want to take great amounts of time to meditate and dream.



I remember thinking while I was in Spain- The best thing about traveling is that you get the opportunity to see how other cultures live, take the good ideas they have, and incorporate them into your own life. I thought, I can't wait to go home and live as the Spaniards do. They're such free spirits.
Maybe I don't want to go back to Spain, maybe I just want to feel the way I did when I was there.

I want to live today for today. I want to live in this moment and relish it fully. I want to embrace my emotions and express them freely without fear. I want to be more balanced, taking time to do the things I really want to do-
art, reading, spanish, meditation, writing, exploring

2 comments:

Korbi said...

I miss Guatemala... amen sista!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS POST. I've been dying to get to your blog and just figured out I can get to yours by just clicking on your name!

Seriously, this post has inspired me to soak this experience up. I am 1/2 way done and stumbled upon your wise words at just the right time. Thank you =)