Monday, July 28, 2008

Gas exchange

So, I went to the horse races at colonial downs in Richmond 2 weekends ago, and it was super lame and boring and hot. (Aren't I just a ball of sunshine). And just to spice things up I thought I would go along with the crowd and try something new, since that happened to be my theme for the day.

Have you ever heard of oxygen bars?

Apparently, they are these places, in cities like New York, where people get hooked up to an oxygen tank and breathe flavored oxygen. It's supposed to energize you.

Here are some pics of the experience.


Flavored air for sale. Hilarious.


Check out this piece of work massaging our backs, creating the atmosphere for relaxation. Her evil ploy worked on me. That massage was the only reason I wasn't feeling ripped off.


I'm sitting here cracking up that I willingly stuck plastic up my nose in public to smell ocean breeze flavored air.





RE-DICULOUS. Save your money and practice deep breathing and correct posture, and you'll get the same results.

2 comments:

Dixie & Markus said...

Oh the things humans come up with to make a dollar! What a load of crap!! I'm glad you did it though, so I could get a good laugh today:)

Sage Hanks said...

SO i had to post my thoughts!! My hubby went on his mish to Australia and there is this family that he is really close to that comes back to the states a lot. She had a bunch those machines and she was going to open a bunch of places all over Park City... umm didn't happen. And really wanted us to be her sales reps and go to Sun Valley. Sorry it wasn't for me. I've tried it.... and I agree with ya.. they don't work. Although I did have a headache one night and tried the peppermint or something like that and it kinda helped, but maybe it was all in my head!