Thursday, August 13, 2009

Not having fun anymore...

OK not really, I'm fine...but seriously look at this room!
Clint came home from our vacay to find this:



Obviously, his ceiling came crashing down. Thank goodness, he wasn't in bed when it happened cause, I'm pretty sure he might have died. I'm not being dramatic, the ceiling was made of plaster from like the 1930's and it was HEAVY. All the plaster and boards were moved before I took this picture. This brown stuff is insulation?

We cleaned it up and got some fixer upper dudes to come and build a new ceiling last week. They kind of made a mess of the upper part of the walls, so we decided to just repaint his whole room. So currently, that is what I'm doing. Clint is at school and I'm painting. Well, not at this very moment, I'm taking a break....

4 comments:

julie said...

wow! How scary! I thought my flooded basement was a bummer. Are you painting it some crazy fun color?! (I just read your comment on Katy's blog) :)

Jessica said...

yeah! 3 walls grey and 1 wall acorn (it's an orange...) told ya I was in an orange state of mind! ha!

Dixie & Markus said...

cah-razy!! That sucks!! But it is kinda cool that you get to paint now:) I wish I was there to help just like the good ol' days.

Lindsey said...

oh my heck that is dangerous girl!! Good thing he really wasn't there!! Your trip to meet his parents looked fun!.....wedding bells in the future....soon? Not to hassle you or anything, just wondering!!