Thursday, October 29, 2009

C'mon YANKS!!!!

I'm going to guess that about 90 percent of you girlies have no idea that the World Series started last night and that the Yankees are playing the Phillies. :) I wouldn't know either if my bf wasn't such a fan- I'll be honest. But here's some trivia. The Yankees haven't been in the World Series since 2002, so this is kind of a big deal.  Clint and I watched the Yankees play the Angels almost every night last week during the play-offs and it was intense.  I'm pretty sure if the Angels had won, Clint would be so mad he wouldn't even watch the W.S., but they lost and the Yankees won! World Series, here we come!

So... I was suuuper pumped to watch the World Series with Clint this week!  Unfortunately, last night was the most horrible/boring game I've ever watched. I basically fell asleep. The Phillies dominated... Their pitcher was amazing and we hardly even got on base, not to mention make any runs. Our pitcher, Sabathia, wasn't doing as well...

Tonight, Clint actually happens to BE in New York with his dad. They spontaneously decided to go and watch (lucky!)... They'll be watching the game in about 3 hours. I'll be watching it here. :( saaaad... I wish I could be there, but it's WAY cool for Clint! :) He's like a kid! He's getting to skip school, be in NYC to watch his favorite sports team play live in the World Series with his daddio and eat hot dogs and funnel cake.  I really hope the Yankees pull through and win it for those boys! Clint got me all kinds of emotionally invested in this team, and if they lose, I might cry.

I'm thrilled for Clint that he gets to be there with his dad, and it would just be the icing on the cake if the Yankees beat the Phillies! Go Yankeeees!!!! (and I hope it also doesn't rain or snow on them too while they're there too!)



1 comment:

Dixie said...

I can't stand watching baseball. It is clearly the most boring sport to watch. Playing it, however, is very enjoyable. I bet Clint is in heaven right now. Little boy dream come true:)