Sunday, October 25, 2009

German pancakes

The first time I ever had German pancakes was when I went to ISU that one semester back in 2002 and my friend Jennifer introduced them to me. I feel like that was practically all we ever ate too!... Unfortunately, after I moved away I never made them ever again.
Recently, Clinton has happily reintroduced them to me and I love them! They are inexpensive to make and absolutely delicious. Furthermore, when I eat them I think of Jennifer and reminisce on that crazy semester that we spent togetha :) awe.

Here's the recipe

Put 1/4 cube of butter in a deep baking pan in a preheated oven at 350
Mix together
1/2c Flour
pinch of cinnamon
add
1/2c milk
pinch of salt
and 3 eggs.
Put in the pan and bake till the sides rise ~ 15-18min.

Enjoy with syrup, fruit, powdered sugar...jam...



OK...and p.s. I'm seriously the lamest blogger ever these days. I'm sorry. I have plenty of time to write, and have been doing lots of fun things that warrant the taking of pictures and blogging about it...but I just always forget to take pictures and blogging is really out of the question without picts... I vow to improve!

No comments: