Wednesday, September 9, 2009

a borrowed post

A very good friend of mine had this on his blog and I decided to make it my own, since I liked it so much, and I now share it with you and my commentary as well.

(by Cherie Carter-Scott)

1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it’s yours to keep for the entire period.
Oh bodies...they are amazing machines, aren't they? I love bodies. Mine has some things I'd like tweeking, but for the most part, I think my body is cool. I'm glad it's mine.

2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called, “life.”
Present!

3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial, error, and experimentation. The “failed” experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately “work.”
That's a nice way of putting it.

4. Lessons are repeated until they are learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can go on to the next lesson.
I believe in this principle. You only get so many chances too, so I think it's important to self reflect and be mindful of why you really think things are "happening to you"

5. Learning lessons does not end. There’s no part of life that doesn’t contain its lessons. If you’re alive, that means there are still lessons to be learned.
Maybe that's why the good die young.


6. “There” is no better a place than “here.” When your “there” has become a “here”, you will simply obtain another “there” that will again look better than “here.”
haha... so in other words the grass is not always greener on the other side.


7. Other people are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you
something you love or hate about yourself.
I love this one.

8. What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
mmmk


9. Your answers lie within you. The answers to life’s questions lie within you. All you need to do is look, listen, and trust.

10. You will forget all this.

5 comments:

Dixie & Markus said...

Studying/blogging, it's all the same right??
Thanks for the wisdom.

Jessica said...

yeah, I totally stopped studying. awe well. Can't be brilliant ALL THE TIME...now can we?... :)

Brandi said...

Love the post! By the way, thanks for all the nice comments. I'm sure you would get along well with my Kennedy...never a dull moment with her, I laugh everyday! By the way, I am sooooooo not preggers! If you would have scrolled down a little farther you would have realized I was joking (you're gonna go back and look now, aren't ya?) Anyways, thanks for trying to be so nice and positive about it...when in reality I know you were thinking "holy moly, this lady is CRAZY!" ;)

Brandi said...

Oh, okay...now I'm embarassed! I just saw your other comment ;)

Marianne & Eddie said...

I LOVE THIS!!! Post more like this whenever you find them. Oh and # 7 was my fav too. I kept thinking that the whole time I read it, then it was your comment too... weird =)