Thursday, September 17, 2009

Don't stop believin!

Hold on to that feeeEEeeelin....

Before Valentine's Day last February, I dropped enormous, impossible to ignore hints that I wanted chocolates, flowers, and an evening at the ballet. Clint delivered. It was amazing. Obviously, that night was all about me. Clint, poor guy, suffered through the ballet like a champ. (Believe that we don't have pictures from that night. Losers!) I'm sure that I don't have to explain that I sort of owed him in the entertainment department.

Normally, everything we do together we are equally excited about and enjoy, but my time came; 2 nights ago.

In June, Clint bought us concert tickets to Journey. You know, "I'm forever yours....faithfully...."? I can't adequately describe his excitement. For months, every time the subject would come up he would get giddy and start singing and dancing...and doing this "kemo baby" thing with his fingers...pretty much being embarrassing/hilarious. He's cute.

Like I said, the concert was 2 days ago, and here are a few picts of the event. I'm not going to say that I suffered through it, as he did for me at the ballet. (But I'll pretend, just so he'll think we're even) It was fun, and really cute to see him so excited about his favorite band, but let's be honest. I was more interested in watching Clint than the band. (Not to mention watching all the other die hard Journey fans...hilarious!...the cougars were out that night!)


Here's an AMAZINGLY executed photo (how does one take pictures of stuff far away at night anyways??) of Journey's new lead singer. His name is Arnel Pineda. It's freakish how much he sounds like Steve Perry. I had to laugh, b/c I imagined the members of journey holding some kind of "sound alike" contest at a Karaoke bar where if you won you got to join the band. And Arnel being the lucky winner... I don't actually know how it worked, but I am fascinated... He is spot on.


Old Journey


New Journey. He's totally cute, I like him.


I don't know why, but I dig this pic. It's funny, b/c the old man behind Clint looks like a creepy witch trying to blend into public whilst casting a spell...or something.


Typical.


Yeah, I know. I look either drunk or sleepy. I was the latter.


Somehow, we're often incapable of taking a single picture where both of us look good at the same time. Here you go.

...
Ok. So I think we're even. ...Except that my friend Jen suggested to me today that we go to a murder mystery dinner and I'm totally diggin' it.

1 comment:

Dixie & Markus said...

You two and your enormous blue eyes, piercing my soul. Glad you had a great time rockin' out with Journey!