Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I looked out the window and what did I see...

So, I just finished my workout at the gym. I run upstairs to put my swimsuit on so I can go up for a quick swim before I hit the books again. However, I look out the window and I realize that it is raining... Boo... I can't swim in the rain, I might get electrocuted...

Oh well. So, instead, I shower and put on some pj’s... When I’m finished I go out to the living room to read some fascinating literature on Organic Chemistry. Before I sit, I happen to glance outside. Lo and behold, seriously, the most beautiful rainbow of my 25 years on Earth, existing right out side my window! I immediately run for my camera and start hanging halfway out my apartment trying to get a good shot. Then I realize, “I bet this is a full rainbow, I should go to the roof!”

I’m like geeking out, talking to myself up there, in total disbelief that nobody else is on the roof marveling at this sight to behold. I look down on the ground and still, I see no one! Can it be? Is this rainbow just for me!? I have to laugh at myself too, b/c meanwhile, I am almost having a conversation with God that goes something like this “Ok, could you really stop with the distractions?... I’m trying to study here...remember?...the DAT?!..... OK, fine...YAY RAINBOWS! Thanks God!”















4 comments:

Cheri said...

It's okay Jess, I geek out about rainbows too. I always get giddy and try to point it out to the kids and they always look at me like, "yeah, so." I guess it takes special people to like rainbows.

Jessica said...

haha! yeah...we're definitely special

Roxanne said...

I love the view. That looks like a great place to live. Your place is way nicer than anything I ever lived in...I am glad you feel at home.

PawPaw & Grammy said...

Hey girl remember, we did a photo of you in the front yard with your hand extended holding a rainbow, I would email the photo but don't know where to find it. Clouds, rainbows, my kinda thing too. Idaho big skies, love it.