Sunday, June 1, 2008

view at your own risk

I've debated for hours about whether I should blog about this disgusting growth that I have on my leg... I've decided on yes.

OK, so this is the situation:

-I've been at the beach for a week.
-I never once saw a mosquito.
-I was only in contact with backyard shrubs one time, retrieving a volleyball. (I got scratched on my finger and my upper leg, but nothing like this popped up on those places)
-I saw maybe two horse flies the entire time. (There again, I felt like I only got bit on my upper leg and nothing is there!)

My thinking is that I had an allergic reaction to being bitten by horseflies...

Some peeps at the beach thought that it was an inflamed/aggravated heat rash...

What do you think?

So far, over the past few days it has progressively gotten redder and more swollen, however, less itchy, more tolerable.
I've kept a large bandage on it to spare onlookers of the horror. Though, I don't know if that's helping. It prevents things from rubbing up against it, but it also keeps in the heat.
Other than the bandages, I have put nothing on it. I just run it under cold water every 6 hours.

Any suggestions? Products?




I'm sorry if I have made any of you lose your appetite... I know it's awful!

5 comments:

Jeni said...

My husband thinks it's some kind of rash due to something you brushed up against. Poison Ivy? That's his best educated guess...he's a dentist though, not a doctor:)

Doesn't look like a horsefly bite. Those don't blister. Plus it's really irregular in shape. Sorry. No help from us.

Dixie & Markus said...

Ew. I say go to the doctor. I have no explanation for this monstrousity. Aloe vera usually heals everything. I'm talking about straight from the plant. Not bottled up. Poor bebe! This reminds me of when you got poison oak all over your body and I had to take you to the emergency room at 3am!!

The Suckows said...

yuck. POP IT!!

Stacy Hutchinson said...

That looks lovely. BLAHHH. I cringed a little, but no vomiting. Hydrocortisone cream is what we use on Ayden when he has welps on his skin. It's for allergy reactions, so if that's what you have, it should help.

PawPaw & Grammy said...

Looks like that baby blister stuff the kids would get sometimes, impetigo (sp) but more likely something beachy