Thursday, June 5, 2008

One step closer...



I just completed my AADSAS application. For those of you who don't know, that acronym stands for American Associated Dental Application Service. When one applies to dental school one does so through this on-line service; paying a large fee for each school applied to.

I applied to ten.

I feel like I just handed over my adult life and am awaiting reply on how successful I've been at this life. It's unnerving.
There are 16 detailed sections of this application. They literally do want to know everything.

I have toiled over this application nearly everyday for the past two months, averaging two hours a day. That is like sixty hours. I swear it feels more like a thousand. Filling that thing out, checking it, changing it, and rechecking it has been a part time job, one that I don't get paid for. (This is not taking into account the hours and hours spent working on my personal statement.)

Anyways.

So my next step is to rock the DAT. All I have to do is remember all the General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biology, Quantitative Reasoning (math), and Reading Comprehension that I've ever learned. In addition to that I have a section called the Perceptual Ability Test (the PAT), where they test me on how well I can think in 3D; Folding, and unfolding pieces of paper in my head etc...

I take my exam July 11th at 8am. I am studying eight hours a day until then.

July 12th I go to Florida to celebrate, cause I am going to destroy that DAT.

5 comments:

Cheri said...

You'll do awesome. Anyone who puts that much effort into something deserves a Florida vacation. Good luck!

Dixie & Markus said...

You are going to DO the DAT!! The DAT is going to get DONE! You will stroke the DAT like you stroke a cat! And the dental schools will like that. Meow!

PawPaw & Grammy said...

They will all want you, OH the stress of that, good stress.

Ashley said...

I enjoy that in looking at some facebook pics of yours at Duck Beach I saw a friend of mine from BYU. Small world!!!

Jeni said...

Just wait...there are even MORE fees to come. Aaron had several schools that required a "supplimental" application with more application fees. I remember saying, "We just paid $800 and now they want another $75?!" Ridiculous.

Good luck on the DAT. I know you'll be ready. You seem to have that "all or nothing" personality:)