Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 3

Oh Sunday, Sunday.
I'm always reluctant to keep you holy...i.e. go to all my church meetings, but when I do, I'm always glad I did.

Sacrament meeting was good, but I was feeling lonely without Clint, and frankly-hormonal as I've ever been. So, afterwards, I skinned out lickity split, hopped into my car and drove away. A voice in my head said, "Turn around and go back to the rest of your meetings."

"NO." I replied.

The voice, "Are you going to blatantly ignore me and go lay in bed, watch Law and Order reruns and feel sorry for yourself the rest of the afternoon?"

"Yes. I fully intent on crying for no good reason for a good 2 hours till I have to go to my former boss's house. It sounds nice."

"Turn around and go back. You know you're going to be glad you did."

"Maybe, but I'm already in my car.... You can't make me.. No. ........ fffine!"

Every time. I swear.

Yeah. Against my will, I returned, went to Sunday school, and loved it; went to R.S. and was super glad I went. Of course. UGH, I hate it when my inner voice tells me what to do and is right about it!

I don't know why I hate it. I just do. I hate being cheered up when I just want to be grouchy. It makes no sense. I realize this.

Actually, I really just hate hormones. They rule my life.

I write this assuming there is not a single man on Earth that reads my blog, including the boyfriend. I prolly shouldn't make such an assumption. It could be embarrassing. Actually, I don't care.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny thing... At least one guy has read your 'blog, and is thoroughly enjoying it. Call it strange? AND considering I vaguely remember the cute teenaged girl you once were, I absolutely love your writing. Have you ever stumbled upon someone's 'blog? It's really quite refreshing! I suppose I should clue you in to who this is, that would help right? My name is Ted Tuttle, but most people call me... Ted Tuttle. Silly joke, I know. I was an awkward teenaged boy from MAlta you probably don't even remember... Your folks and mine are/were friends, frankly I'm not sure on that. WOW!! Should I feel like an idiot?... Surprise!! I DO.
So here's how I stumbled into your little corner of the world-
1] Your grandpa's name popped up on the list of FB friends I might know.
2] Thought bubble ensued... "I wonder who's on his friend list?"
3] "Oh! Hey I remember her, I wonder what she's up to?"
4] "Cool! A blog link."
5] ...Pause... (busy reading)
6] ...Pause... (still busy reading)
7]"Wow this is REALLY great stuff, wish I could write like this."
8] And now the present... Just thought I'd say "Hi", look me up on FB if you'd like, that's up to you.

Ted