Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I wish I had a bike.

Hi. Hello.
Here I am...
Yes, I'm a late bloomer.
All my friends have blogs, so I want to be cool and have a blog too.

I'd like to say "thanks" to all you guys and (mostly) gals who blog pretty regularly. You don't know it, but I'm watching you. (ha) I'm totally a blog stalker. I know that's what blogs are for...for people to read... but I admit to feeling creepy about it. I don't read blogs that talk about politics and pop culture etc. I read friends of friend's blogs who write about their toddler learning to walk, or how their pregnancy is going, etc. It's weird, yes? Anyways, it's what I like to read about. I'm unmarried, and childless, so am therefore forced to live vicariously.

Enough about you.
You're here to read about me.

Just today, I handed in my first of many pieces (for lack of a better word) to my dental school application. I have letters of recommendation rolling in as well, and so things are progress. um yikes.
Dental school has been the goal for the past 4 years, and if all goes well, I'll be starting in a little over a year (July 2009).
If all does NOT go well... this is what I'm thinking;

-Run away to Mexico (or another Latin American country, since now you all know where to find me), and hide from the people who will be collecting my financial aid debts... become some sort of organic farmer and marry a Latino...

-Become a trophy wife. I could learn to cook.

-Move back to Idaho and go to grad school.

-Not move back to Idaho and go to grad school.

P.S. this is NOT me being negative. This is me being practical and having back up plans.


This is where I live. Right in the middle of those tall buildings. I'm within walking/running distance to this pretty lil spot called Belle Isle.


The only way to get to Belle Isle is by a suspension foot bridge. It was once a civil war prison camp for soldiers of the North.
Belle Isle is one of my fave places in Richmond, so you'll probably see more pics. I like to go running here. If I had a bike I'd likely bike here, and if I had a dog, I would definitely bring him here. All I have is my white legs, so, often during the summer I come lay out on the boulders along side the local teenagers and make my feeble attempts at a tan.


Look at how glassy the water is! This is where the rock climbing wall is. It's pretty sweet, b/c if your bilay partner sucks, and you fall just right, you can land in the water...

3 comments:

Dixie & Markus said...

Yay! You have a blog!I love it! I love your back up plans for dental school! I secretly hope you don't get in so I can come see you on your organic Mexican farm and eat tomatoes with you:)

Jessica said...

haha! Thanks girl!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.