Saturday, April 19, 2008

Over the years...

I've lived in Richmond for nearly 5 years now, and I go home 1-2 times a year. Every time I go home I run into at least one person who does not recognize me and I have to be like "It's ME Jessica! You know...Your NEICE..." (True story, that actually happened at my lil bro's wedding) And then when they realize I am who I claim to be, they're like "You've changed so much!"...
Really?...weird.
I walk away thinking to myself... I haven't really gained or lost weight... my face is still my face... what's the deal with people? I rarely forget people or names...especially family members. haha...
I have a good friend who likes to tell me that the reason why I have curly hair is b/c of my personality, not the other way around. In other words, what I am on the inside shapes my outside. I like that... which sort of leads me to wonder, have my insides changes so much over the years that I've essentially changed physically? I think that could be a legitimate argument. As I am still quirky, silly Jessica, I would venture to say that I am indeed very much a different person than I was 5 years ago, even one year ago. I like to think that I'm constantly evolving and getting better with age... I've always said that I can't wait to be 80. I'm going to be such a freaking cool old lady.

Here's a series of picks of me over the years. You can judge for yourself if I've really changed that much.


Dixie and Me New Years 2003-04 SLC


Atop Alhambre in Granada Spain, 2004


Morocco Africa 2004


Charleston South Carolina 2005


Idaho Summer 2005


Spring 2006


December 2006


Winter 2007


Spring 2008

7 comments:

Dixie & Markus said...

Hmmm, your hair has definitely changed over the years. Your face looks more womanly and less like a young lady. That's what I see in the photos, but when I saw you in December you still looked like my sweet old Jess. Maybe because that's what I wanted to see. hmmm, interesting.......the fact of the matter is you were gorgeous, you are gorgeous, and you will continue to be gorgeous forever......and ever.
Also, thanks for putting up that sick picture of me! Ay yi yi!

Korbi said...

yes I totally remember you! and you do look different in all of those pics! I'll catch up on you laters.... ;)

Dixie & Markus said...

I just thought of something......your senior pic!!! There is an undeniable difference between you now and you then. I have dreams about the massive ball of hair! You should put that one up:)

Jessica said...

Mann land,
You're right! Awe, I wish I had my senior pic, that would have been an awesome addition to my collection...haha...

Unknown said...

I think your Aunt/Uncle might be stuck in the past, picturing you in the awkward little girl stage of about 9 years old. I do that with teenagers that I haven't seen since they were kids. I used to do that with Nikki & Dixie until I finally stopped the denial that they are WOMEN now. PS you are gorgeous, and you think so much like my crazy family!!

Stacy Hutchinson said...

That was me, not Josh

Jessica said...

Stacy:
(Does Josh have a blog too? I tried looking at it, but it didn't work.)
Thanks for the compliments by the way!
You're right, my aunt hadn't seen me in years, so I forgave her, but what's funny is it happens all the time! As long as people say I'm getting better looking then, it's cool...