Thursday, April 17, 2008

What I do.

Besides being a hard-core estudiante, there are some things I do for fun; like sleep. Unlike many students, I am highly skilled at finding the time to sleep, and I happen to get lots of it. (Sorry new mothers, you sacrificed something good for something better, so don't be hating on my ability to sleep a lot).
The only drawback to using my spare time for sleeping is that it leaves little time for much else. However, I do also eat! Similar to any random girl, I do appreciate nice shoes, makeup, and movies etc., but I spend my money on food...
A year ago, my friend and I started going to all the sushi restaurants in Richmond, one by one, and pretending to be food critics. (We don't tell the restaurants, we just do it). We set up a rating system and we've critiqued probably 8+ sushi places. In addition to that, we've critiqued probably more than 40 other places.
In the past year we have found some real Richmond gems, and I will blog about them. I will also blog about which places are horrible. So, if you are ever in Richmond you'll know where to entertain your palate!

Explanation of the rating system: This is not like school where a 5 out of 10, or a 50% is failing. A score of five is average and good. Below five = below average; above five = above average. My friend and I compromise and agree on scores.

Edo Squid



411 N Harrison Street
Richmond VA 23220
804-864-5488

Food 8/10
Location 5/10
Atmosphere 3/10
Service 4/10
Price 5/10
Vegetarian friendly 5/10
Overall experience 6/10

Edo Squid is conveniently located a block from campus. It is Italian by Italians...and I have seen legit Italians eating there. That should tell you something. Their pasta is perfection. All their sauces are fresh and homemade. Their soups are seasonal and never disappointing, their fish are succulent and melt in your mouth. I would eat here every day if I could! Their soups are 3+ dollars and their fish is 20-30+. Everything else in the middle. Very reasonable for such quality.

My favorite eats:
gaspacho
Salmon
plain old spaghetti
mozzarella with roasted red peppers

2 comments:

Dixie & Markus said...

Ah yes, sleeping and eating. Sleeping and eating. The best things in life:)

Jessica said...

indeed